Timings : Arts & Com.: 12.30 pm To 5.30 pm Science : 10.15 am To 5.00 pm
Admission Rules - Eligibility and Required Documents (As is mentioned on page 1 of prospectus)
All F.Y.J.C. admissions, will be online. The Schedule will be as per the government declaration.
1. A student, who has passed S.S.C. examination held by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the board, is eligible for admission to the F.Y.J.C. Class
2. A student who has passed an examination other than that conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education will be admitted provisionally by the college. It will be confirmed only after submitting the “Eligibility Certificate” issued by the divisional Secretary, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai. For details, contact the college office before taking admission.
3. A student seeking admission to F.Y.J.C. should submit the original school leaving certificate along with two photo copies of mark sheet. The original school leaving certificate will not be returned to the student under any circumstances and will be retained by the college for ever.
4. All admissions are provisional until confirmed by the appropriate authorities.
5. Students seeking admission to F.Y.J.C. classes with duplicate school leaving certificate are required to submit a copy of the police complaint filed for loss of school leaving certificate and an affidavit.
6. Those who do not write their home town address while seeking admission, shall not be eligible for long journey concession certificates.
7. All admissions are offered as per the rules laid down bythe competent authority. Students who are seeking admission to XIth Arts/Science/Commerce are required to note that admission is on merit basis. The Merit is based on the aggregate/percentage marks scored at the qualifying examination and that the seats are allotted as per Reservation Policies mentioned herein.
8. As per the Board rules for Board Examination, the student can opt only those subjects which are taught in this college.
9. Student opting for XI science who have taken general Mathematics at S.S.C. level have to upgrade to regular maths before taking admission to XII science.
10. Students are required to buy their uniform jackets, journals, project, magazine and tutorial books from the college.
ATTENDANCE AND GRANT OF TERMS :
I) It is mandatory for students to keep a minimum attendance of 75% of the lectures, practicals and tutorials separately, failing which their terms will not be granted. Those who fail to get the terms granted will not be eligible to appear for the annual examinations.
II) S.Y.J.C. students are required to note that the HSC examination forms are liable to be withdrawn, if they fail to maintain the clause of minimum attendance. SYJC students are required to submit projects for all subjects by second week of September failing which they cannot appear for the Board Examination. 10.
III) F.Y.J.C. students are reuired to submit projects for all subjects and assignment books for languages as instructed by the teachers.
IV) Parents are requested to take special note of the mandatory condition of minimum attendance of their ward. Applications of leave of absence on account of bonafide illness or other reasons, deemed genuine by the Principal, should be submitted to the Class Teacher, for condonation of absence. The decision of the Principal shall be final and binding in such matters.
V) The college has a ‘Parent - Teacher Association’. Parents are required to become members and attend meetings as and when called. This is for the benefit of both Parents and the Students.
VI) Parents can meet class teacher on the last Saturday of every month from 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. to know about his/her ward’s attendance. There would be no correspondence pertaining to absenteeism.
RULES TO BE FOLLOWED BY STUDENTS:
1. Every student must possess a valid Identity Card issued to him/her by the college authorities, with photograph bearing the signature of the Principal. The card must be kept on display (either with a sling or clip or worn around the neck.) Any student without a valid College Identity Card will not be permitted to enter the college premises.
2. Students’ attendance in lectures, practicals, field visits is compulsory as per university guidelines. Accordingly, every student must attend at least 75% of the total number of lectures. Attendance for tutorials/practicals, all the class tests, assignments engaged in each term of the respective academic year is compulsory.
3. Students remaining absent during lectures, practicals or examination on medical ground must submit medical certificate to the vice principal/course co-ordinator or parent teacher or Exam committee convener immediately after the examination.
4. Students are required to be present in classroom well in time.
5. All students should maintain strict silence in the corridors, classrooms and library hall.
6. Every student is responsible for taking care of the college property and maintaining cleanliness of the premises.
7. While representing the college in workshops, seminars, excursions, field visits, industrial visits, internships etc. all students should follow utmost discipline and decorum.
8. Every student should read the notices displayed by the college from time to time. Any ignorance or failure on their part to read the notices will not be excused.
9. Library books, periodicals etc. should be handled carefully. Any damage or loss of books by the students should be compensated for within 7 days.
10. All students are informed that they must carefully fill in examination forms on or before the due date notified. All T.Y Students should note that their form submission as per university guidelines is online.
11. All students and their parents should note that discipline is the foremost aspect in gaining admission to the college and that discipline must be maintained by students throughout their tenure in this college.
12. Any student failing to attend the college for 75% of the total number of lectures/tutorials/practicals engaged during the academic year is liable for disciplinary action resulting in cancellation of his/ her admission.
13. Students are prohibited from bringing mobile phones or any kind of valuables in college premises. The college will not be held responsible in case of loss of the same.
14. Students must not misuse blackboards, disfigure walls and windows, tamper with furniture and fittings or cause any damage to the college property directly or indirectly. Otherwise cost for damages will be collected from students by charging common breakage.
15. Students are not allowed to communicate any information or write to the press about matters related to the college administration without prior permission of the Principal.
16. Any act of tarnishing the reputation of the college or teachers will be viewed seriously.
17. Students are strictly prohibited from collecting funds in the name of the college.
18. Any student found guilty of disobedience, misconduct or misbehavior or any other act of serious indiscipline is liable either to lose his term or face expulsion from the college.
19. Students involved in any kind of violent behaviour inside and outside college campus will be handed over to the police.
20. Students indulging in malpractices of whatsoever nature including use of unfair means at the examinations will be liable for disciplinary action as per the rules and procedures laid down by Maharashtra Universities Act. 1994 and the Government of Maharashtra Act No. XXXI of 1982.
21. Smoking, chewing pan, tobacco, or any kind of intoxicants is strictly prohibited as per government directives. Students found indulging in such activities in the college premises will face expulsion from the college.
22. Students are directed not to bring any outsider to the college premises.
23. Students shall not organise on their own picnics, excursion, trips etc. without prior written permission of the Principal.
(Note: In case of any dispute, the decision of the Principal will be final and binding.)
Students who request leave of absence from lectures/practicals/tutorials for participating in sports, games, cultural or any other activities for and on behalf of the College/Activity group, should submit the application countersigned by the respective Prof-in-charge.
Parents of Degree/Junior College students are requested to kindly contact the Prof-in-charge of class, Head of Department, Vice-Principal or the Principal, at least once in a term to keep themselves abreast with their wards attendance and progress